We Recommend to Download
Plan Your Trip Using the Website
The Trip Planner is our interactive tool to help you plan the trip using Egged's bus routes. Here are some tips for finding information quickly and easily.
The Trip Planner has two search mode:
- Click on the tab Plan a Trip and this will allow the system to find all possible direct and combined routes for you.
- Using the drop-down menu, choose the date and time (optional) of the travel. Please note that information is only available for the dates shown in the drop-down list. For future dates, perform a search based on the regular weekday or try your query again closer to the day of travel. The latter is recommended since our services undergo major revision four times each year besides seasonal revisions. These revisions can include changes to routes, timetables and stops.
- Start typing a city name. After typing three letters, the system will display the list of cities containing these letters. Choose the city/junction name from the Drop-Down menu by pressing Enter or Tab key or using a mouse.
- Choose the location. The locations (areas/communities in the city) are sorted by "importance" (the most frequent departure/destination points). It may be switched easily to the Abc list.
- The Bus Route No search mode is designed to show the schedules and stops regarding all bus routes operating by Egged all over the country. It's for passengers who is familiar with the city and bus routes passing through.
Free text (only available in Hebrew)
On the website in Hebrew it is possible to initiate ‘free text’ questions (only available in Hebrew), at no charge, about bus lines and routes and receive immediate replies. It is possible to type in a question into the text box on the home page in Hebrew and get an answer on the spot:
SMS 2800 (only available in Hebrew)
The SMS *2800 service (only available in Hebrew) has been expanded to include all Egged lines and various alternate types of transportation, including information about urban and inter-city travel or a combination of the two. The service also provides information about travel possibilities between a street in a certain city to a street in a different city or between various travel sites (for example from the Technion Institute in Haifa to the Shalom Station in Tel Aviv).
Customer Service Center *2800 | from abroad 972-3-6948888 |
Egged's *2800 service offers information and answers questions regarding all bus lines 24/7. During the day, the service is manned by human operators; at night - by authomatic answering service
Once you have dialed the number, press 3 for English speaking operators
|Sunday through Thursday
||07:00 - 23:00 (7 AM - 11 PM) |
|Friday and holiday eves
||08:00 - 15:00 (8 AM - 3 PM) |
|Saturday & Jewish festivals
from half an hour after conclusion of Shabbat until 23:00 (11PM)